Membership in the National Honor Society is based on four pillars of excellence: scholarship, leadership, service, and character. To be eligible for application to the Watertown High School Chapter a student must be a junior or senior and maintain a cumulative weighted GPA of 99.00. Applicants who meet this standard are notified following the first quarter of each academic year and are then invited to apply.
Applicants are then evaluated by the entire faculty and those who qualify after the faculty vote are further evaluated by a five-member Faculty Council that makes the final determination on each applicant."
Faculty Advisors: Mrs. Sales & Mrs. Kenney
- President: Rachel Martineau
- VP: Spencer Deros
- Secretary: Josie Feliciano
- Treasurer: Caleigh Petrillo
The Rubric used by the faculty when evaluating applicants is listed below.
In terms of SERVICE, candidates should:
- Uphold scholarship and maintain a loyal school attitude
- Volunteer dependable and well organized assistance enthusiastically
- Work well with others
- Take on difficult responsibilities willingly.
- Show courtesy by assisting others
In terms of LEADERSHIP, candidates should:
- Inspire positive behavior in others
- Exemplifies positive attitude
- Be thoroughly dependable in accepting responsibility
- Demonstrate academic initiative
In terms of CHARACTER, candidates should:
- Exemplifies desirable qualities of behavior consistently
- Take criticism willingly and well
- Follow rules inside and outside of classroom
- Not plagiarize or subscribe to any form of cheating
- Comply with school and teacher requirements